It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P0700, P0725 - After failing to upshift
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:52 am 
LOST Newbie

In the last month I've had two instances where during a long trip the transmission fails to shift into OD and leaves the engine reving about 1000 to 1200 rpm higher than normal at 55 mph. After shutting off the engine for some period of time the shifting behavior returns to normal. Last night I scanned the codes and this is how my VAG-COM software describes the current codes.

P0700 - MIL Request from Trans Control Module (SAE) or Control Module Defective
P0725 RPM Signal from ECU Circuit Failure

Any idea what component failure could cause these codes. Seems like this should be covered under the 70,000 powertrain warranty, agreed?

Thanks

Post subject: Questions-Information
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Panda-52,

We sometimes use signatures to give people a hint as to where we are in the process, what year the rig is etc.
I am a little over a month of ownership and have done a few mods.
The tranny is my next big step for T/C and shift kit. Dealers have sometimes done more damage than good for problems. They can take a long time to not fix problems. I guess it depends upon the dealer. Mine is still under warranty but the dealer near me makes me nervous, very nervous. They ask me questions.
How long are you going to keep the rig? Are you going to tow? If towing think new t/c, not stock. When those rascals break up plastic can go everywhere in the tranny. Am I scaring you? Just trying to help you find out where you are going.
Are you into quiet economy or a power rush, maybe both?
The power available in that little motor can shred that hemi- gasser(patooie! as JD would say)- tranny. How many times do you want to fix it?

'06 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD with: GDE Hot Flash and Tranny Flash, ehm, Cummins fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow muff, Moog K3199's, Skids, 225-75-16 10 ply, OME springs, Euro T/C, Shift kit, Trans cooler w/thermal bypass, Bigboy bkt, Samco CAC, Brake controller, Trans temp gauge, Al's Upper Arms

Post subject: Re: Questions-Information
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:31 am 
LOST Newbie

fastRob wrote:
Panda-52,

We sometimes use signatures to give people a hint as to where we are in the process, what year the rig is etc.
I am a little over a month of ownership and have done a few mods.
The tranny is my next big step for T/C and shift kit. Dealers have sometimes done more damage than good for problems. They can take a long time to not fix problems. I guess it depends upon the dealer. Mine is still under warranty but the dealer near me makes me nervous, very nervous. They ask me questions.
How long are you going to keep the rig? Are you going to tow? If towing think new t/c, not stock. When those rascals break up plastic can go everywhere in the tranny. Am I scaring you? Just trying to help you find out where you are going.
Are you into quiet economy or a power rush, maybe both?
The power available in that little motor can shred that hemi- gasser(patooie! as JD would say)- tranny. How many times do you want to fix it?

You're correct I should have included the following information:
2005 CRD
48,541 miles

I suspect from the limited information available from the scanner that this is some type of electronic control failure and not a mechanical failure. I too would like to eventually upgrade the T/C but not until I'm done with the 70,000 power train warranty and the 100,000 extended warranty. My dealer also makes me nervous and I will try to give them a few excuses as possible to weasel out of a repair. I plan on keeping it a long time but this needs to be addressed soon.

Dave
2005 CRD Sport
ORM